Obesere’s Rape Scandal: Victim Alleges Threat To Life, Relocates To Sagamu For Traditional Treatment

Abass_ObesereMiss Olanike Olaiya, the victim of the rape scandal involving popular fuji musician, Alhaji Abbas Akande Obesere has alleged that the media blitz generated by the scandal prompted the famed “Asakasa’ King and his brothers threatening to kill him in the presence of the Investigating Police Officer, to whom the case was assigned to after it was transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department SCID under what she described as unclear circumstances.

The embattled fuji musician was said to have preferred the SCID to the Isolo Police division because he failed to secure the cooperation of Aminu Ibrahim, the DPO at Isolo who had insisted on the matter going to court because of the weighty evidence against Obesere rather than striking out the matter or persuading Obesere’s accuser to accept a settlement.

Before Obesere allegedly used his contacts in the police to get the case transferred to the SCID, he was said to have made spirited efforts through some top citizens to pressurize the DPO take things easy but soft-pedalled when they saw the ‘incriminating evidence against Obesere.

“The DPO, Isolo Police division, took pity on me and refused to give in to Obesere’s pressure to strike out the case and God will bless him for that. “But last week I was informed that the case had been transferred to the SCID and my Investigating Police Office, IPO, at Isolo asked me to come to the station on Tuesday for the transfer. “But when I got to the SCID, I discovered the IPO, who took over the case, one Mr. Jacob, I don’t know his rank, became hostile to me. “You need to see how this man treated me. He started by asking me to write a new statement and when I tried to explain that I had written a statement at Isolo division, he rebuffed my explanation and insisted I wrote a new one. They threatened to kill me “Afterwards, they started threatening me. The IPO, Alhaji Obesere, and some of his brothers, who were present there, asked me to stop the journalists from publishing my story and if I don’t, I will be a dead person. “I was so frightened when they said this and each time my phone rang someone would pick it up to know who was calling. “Later, they discovered I wasn’t going to break, then they started begging me and promised to take care of me. Alhaji Obesere even said he was going to take me to the best hospital for treatment. “At the end, I rose to leave and they offered to drop me in my place. The IPO also insisted that I should follow them. Instead of taking me to my area, they took me to Obesere’s house and the woman who introduced me to him was also there. “While I was with them I alerted the police at Isolo and told them where I was. “But yesterday, they called after they saw the publication and started threatening again to kill me. “I am highly terrified, that was why I travelled back to my home to get some treatment.”

As it is now, the victim, Nike Olaiya has relocated to her hometown, Sagamu in Ogun State to receive traditional treatment because she alleged that she “bled for more than two weeks after Alhaji Obesere raped me and inserted his ring into my private part” according to her, since February 12, 2014 that the incident occurred, “I have spent a lot of money treating myself”

Related posts

Leave a Comment