Maina’s wife beats husband’s secretary to coma over alleged extra marital affair

Abdulrasheed-Maina-400x300The wife of the embattled former chairman of the Presidential Task Team on Pension Reforms, Abdulrashid Maina, on Wednesday stormed her husband’s office in Abuja, in the company of a female accomplice, to beat Mr. Maina’s female secretary unconscious.

Those who witnessed the incident told PREMIUM TIMES Mrs Maina furiously dashed into the office and accused Ndi Bala of dating her husband. Mr. Maina was not in the office when the incident happened.

It could not be ascertained Wednesday whether Ms Bala dated Mr. Maina as alleged by his wife.

“The woman did not even give the lady the chance to explain the accusation before they pounced on her and beat her seriously, they did not stop until the lady became unconscious,” a witness, who declined to be named for fear of victimization, said.

The witness also accused Mrs. Maina of subsequently seizing the lady’s handbag before leaving her in a state of coma.

Another witness said some of the lady’s colleagues and friends later rushed to the scene and revived her.

“On regaining consciousness, the woman called one of her friends who came with a lawyer and they all went to the Life Camp police station in Abuja where they reported the matter,” the witness said.

The police officers on duty at the station reportedly took the woman’s statement, as well as pictures of her bruised faced. Two police officers – male and a female – were subsequently dispatched to Mr. Maina’s residence to make arrests.

A PREMIUM TIMES reporter who visited Mr. Maina’s residence in the Jabi district of Abuja witnessed intense drama between the police officers from Life Camp and the security officials guarding the house.

One of the officers, who appeared to be a prison warden, said,  “I know this lady, she works with oga and I am also aware of what happened at the office today”.

But when the police officers demanded to see Mrs. Maina, the prison official said he would have to telephone Mr. Maina for permission.

He emerged shortly afterwards to say he spoke with Mr. Maina who told him not to let anyone into the house until he arrived. He reportedly said he was already on his way back home.

After waiting for nearly two hours without Mr. Maina arriving, the police made intermittent attempts to force their way in while the security guards at the gate resisted.

The victim, whose dress was torn at the front and back, later suggested to the police officers to look for an alternative way of arresting the woman, as according to her “we can be here up to 12 am and Mr. Maina will not come”.

After waiting for over three hours, and becoming frustrated with the antics of the security men at the gate and Mrs. Maina (who was at a point sighted coming out of the main building to shout instructions at some domestic staff), the police decided to retreat, saying they would return Thursday (today) “with reinforcement”.

Related posts

Leave a Comment