Police intensify efforts to rescue Prez. Buhari’s monarch

The District Head of Daura, President Buhari’s home town, Alhaji Musa Umar, who was kidnapped in front of his house has spent one month in the captivity of his abductors.

Umar was kidnapped on May 1. His abductors allowed him to contact his family the day he was abducted, but nothing has been heard either from him or his captors since that time.

However, the police have said they are still making efforts to rescue him with others in the captivity of the kidnappers.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Mr Frank Mba, said this on Friday in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH.

Mba said the police had made a breakthrough in their efforts to locate the kidnapped victim, rescue him and others.

Mba said, “On Wednesday, the police neutralised a couple of insurgents and arrested some of them. A lot of operations are going on in Katsina and these operations are being carried out by ‘Operation Puff Adder’ supported by the Katsina State Police command.

“Effort to rescue the District Head of Daura is ongoing. As a matter of fact, all the arrests made are sequel to intense operational pressure that the command is mounting on the bandits in that axis. We don’t give up; we don’t surrender. We will keep up the pressure until we rescue every single Nigerian in the captivity of the bandits including the kidnapped District Head of Daura.”

Also, the spokesperson for the Katsina State Police Command, Gambo Isah, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the police were still on the case.

The PPRO, in a terse reply to an inquiry by one of our correspondents, said, “We are on it.”

Family sources at Daura, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said they relied on the ability of police to rescue the district head from the hands of the abductors.

The sources said the abductors had not made any demand for ransom to ensure his release.

The Sarikin Labarum of the Daura Emirate Council, Usman Abdullahi, told SUNDAY PUNCH that Daura residents had resorted to prayers, adding that they had not lost the hope of rescuing the district head.

He said, “We offer prayers daily including Fridays to ensure the safety of the district head and to ensure his release from the hands of the abductors.”

Some kidnappers had stormed Umar’s residence at 7pm on May 1, shooting indiscriminately.

The district head was in front of his house after returning from the mosque where he took part in the evening prayer when the incident happened.

Related posts

Leave a Comment